Google Pixel is genuinely a great Android device, but you are wondering how to take a screenshot on Google Pixel?It’s not much different from taking a screenshot on Pixel with other Android devices; we will guide you correctly all the steps and brings you other alternative screenshot methods.
Take a Screenshot on Google Pixel
The screenshot is an amazing and necessary feature for every smart device from iOS to Android ones. It’s so convenient as you can capture anything you see on the screen; not like the old day before when you have to take another camera to take a shot.
Of course, Google Pixel also supports the screenshot feature, and this is the way to do it.
Using the hard drive button
- Align the screen you want to capture. You don’t have to close any other application or website.
- Hold Power and the Volume Down button simultaneously; then you release your hands from the two buttons at the same time.
- You will see a quick flicker and hear a clicking noise, which means you have taken a screenshot successfully. If you are in silent mode, you can check whether a small picture icon appears in the notification bar or not.
Hold the Power and Volume Down button
Using your voice
Some people feel hard to hold two hard buttons simultaneously, or some have a problem with their phone’s buttons. Knowing this problem, Google has added a special feature “Google Assistant“ to help you capture your screen by using your voice.
Follow exactly these steps below
- Turn on the Google Assistant by holding the home button for a couple of seconds, or sliding up the bottom of the phone’s edges.
- The interface of Google Assistant will show up, find, and select the Microphone icon.
- Say three words “take a screenshot.” to order the system to capture the screen.
After finishing the screenshot, you will see the small image icon on the notification bar; the icon offers you two options: Share or delete. If you choose “share,” you can upload to photo or edit your screenshot. If you don’t select any options, the system will automatically delete your image.
Swipe down and choose Share or Delete
If you want to perform the screenshot by using voice feature, remember to turn on the “use screen context” and “Voice match” features.Now, would you like to check you shot? Here is the way to open and edit your screen picture.
Step to Check Screenshot
To open and view screenshots, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Click the three dash lines icons in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Device folders, then tab on the Screenshots folder.
- Now, your Screenshot photos can be seen. You can select to edit or share screenshots via social networks.
Fix the screenshot cannot be captured error
Few of the people have reported their phones cannot take a screenshot, although they have followed all steps correctly.Usually, the error comes out when the Pixel appears an announcement: “your phone couldn’t capture the screenshot.”
To solve this problem, you can follow four methods below
- Check the updates: There is a chance that you haven’t got the new updates yet. The latest patch can help you fix the issue.
- Close other apps on the background: Too many apps working on the background can reduce excess your Ram, which makes the screenshot cannot be performed. So back to the home screen and close all the apps, then try again
- Check the storage: The storage is full is one of the reasons that can stop the screenshot process. Go to the Setting > Storage to check. If there is no room for the new data, then you have to delete some photos or apps to create some extra space. If you don’t want to lose your photos, then we suggest you should upload them to a cloud service like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Rename the screenshot folder: For some reason, your Pixel cannot find the right folder destination, so change the screenshot folder somehow can solve the problem.
You have gone through the process of how to take screenshot Google Pixel as well as all tips to solve the “screenshot” problem. Now you can follow our instruction and try to take a pic. If your friends are also struggling with their screenshot on Google Pixel, please share this article with them.